Our Christmas Photo

Our Christmas Photo

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men...

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
In proving foresight may be vain;
The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
Gang aft agley,
An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

Still thou art blest, compar'd wi' me
The present only toucheth thee:
But, Och! I backward cast my e'e.
On prospects drear!
An' forward, tho' I canna see,
I guess an' fear!

Feb 5th, all was right with the world.  Feb 6th, we had our visit with our social worker to update our soon-expiring homestudy.  Feb 7th, I was calling for prayer!  How quick and unsuspecting a little piece of news (or a plow) can change things.  Where your focus is on your future plans, now it drastically takes a turn to the here-and-the-now!  Survival becomes the only thing you can deal with.  Emotionally drained and unbelievably fearful, we began to fight to save all we have known to be true, and even there did questions arise.  Like a tornado spinning out of control...but did we even see storm clouds?  I don't think I saw them.  I was only seeing blue sky and then BAM!  What the enemy hit us with knocked us both for a loop.  But Jesus stepped in and picked us up.  Slowly, He has dusted us off, and we are again proceeding to the finish line, slowly, surely, when BAM!!!  Another hit, but this time it was supposed friendly fire!  Hmmmm...Houston, I think we have a problem!  But you know what?  This time, I refuse to fall... see the first hit taught me a lesson!  Jesus is standing by my side!  He has strengthened me into a strong, Christ-dependent woman!  I will not give heed to fear, nor to doubt!  I will stand my ground and fight for what I know God has promised!  I will not be moved by this attack.  I will stand knowing Jesus has my back.  He is my shield and my strong tower, He is my strength, my hope, my deliverer!  I'm hanging onto the Rock, and the Rock is hanging onto me!!!  He never lets go!

No comments:

Post a Comment