Our Christmas Photo

Our Christmas Photo

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fundraising and friends

I have officially started off our fundraising for the adoption. Our first endeavor was a Mary Kay party with a few friends two weekends ago. We raised enough to apostil the dossiers and ship to Wende in Georgia so she could hand deliver to Daina.
Next fundraiser has been the Covenant Blessing. I wrote this for a little boy I pulled off of the angel tree years ago. I realized he may have never had anyone speak a blessing over him or offer him encouragement and a vision for his future. So I wrote out a blessing for him. I saved it to my computer and have actually given it to a few people over the years. But I find it very interesting how God will give you something, not to be used at that specific time, but to store away for time of famine. And because this was brought to my remembrance, and God has led others to read this, we have received 25 orders to date, which should pay for one of the girls one-way tickets from Latvia to the USA!!!
I have also started asking for donations for items we can use in a garage sale. I'm planning on the last weekend of October or first in November if the weather doesn't cooperate. Now, I need a location. Going tomorrow to see what I can find. I have had several donations and I need to go through my closet and attic this weekend.
My next fundraiser immediately after the garage sale will be the Israel calendar. I am especially excited about this because it combines two things I love to talk about- Israel and adoption. I'm hoping to find a venue where I can give my Israel presentation. I love doing it. And am always amazed at how God enables me to stand before people and talk...I typically am very shy. So if you want to see one of the most amazing places on earth, call me.
I'm also working on an idea for some Christmas ornaments... Just in the idea phase right now. That should wrap up fundraising 2011. Then hopefully we will get a big project in between our first and second trip.
Thanks to everyone who has supported us so far, whether through finances, or sharing the fundraising info with others, or praying for us. We need all three. Thanks and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment