Our Christmas Photo

Our Christmas Photo

Friday, December 2, 2011

Totally amazed!

You know, technology is amazing.  Today, I logged into the computer to check email and see if the girls had written.  After a disappointing 'you have no mail from the girls', I saw my Skype box pop up and a notice that our girls were online!  What a pleasant surprise I had today.  We ended up talking with Rita for over an hour.  Lera was watching TV and I don't think Rita told her we were online.  But Ksenija stopped by the computer to say hi!.  At one point, my husband called us from work, so I had him talking to Rita by holding our phone next to the computer!!! How strange...He's at work in Mississippi talking on a phone to a computer to our daughter half way around the world...What a connected world we live in! 
Rita shared more of her heart with us today and I am constantly amazed at how giving this young lady is, sacrificing 'things' that would make her happy, to help someone who should be helping her.  But she gives with a pure heart, expecting nothing in return other than the joy of giving a little warmth and care to another.  I don't know what God has in his plan for her, but I can see where he will be able to meet the needs of others through her huge heart!  Yes, we need to protect her from being 'used', but God will lead us to teach her.  Who knows, one day, I can even see her walking this same path that  we are on...reaching out to a child who needs to know unconditional love!  My heart is overflowing with love for our beautiful daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment